1. Collection of Information
2. Use of Your Information
3. Sharing of Information
5. Email Communications
6. Short Message Service Communications
7. Changes to Your Personal Information
8. California Privacy Rights
9. Business Transition
11. Contact Us
1. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION. Qaala may collect the following categories of personal information about you, including but not limited to the following:
• Registration Information: When you register for the Service, you will be asked for basic registration information, such as a username and password.
• Application Information: You may also be asked to provide identification information to confirm your identity, including your first and last name and certain financial information, as well as additional information about your business that will be provided to third-party sources of funding in connection with your applications for funding from those third-party sources, including certain financial information and other documents required by the third-party source of funding to complete an application.
• Verified Data: You may also be asked to provide tax returns or to synch Qaala to your bank’s transactional data. Verified Data will be used to ensure the Application Information is accurate. Verified data will automatically substitute the inconsistent Application Information with information from the Verified Data.
• Third-Party Credentials: You may also enter in certain passwords, usernames, account numbers, and other account information for third-party sites and Internet services (“Third-Party Sites”).
• Information from Third-Party Sites : In order to display information to you or to fulfill your requests for certain products and services through a Service, we may collect, on your behalf, your account and other personal information from Third-Party Sites that you register under your account via the Service. We may also collect information about you from credit bureaus, mailing list providers, publicly available sources, and other third parties.
• Referral Partners: We may also collect application loan terms and ongoing loan performance data, including personal and business information, about you from our third-party referral partners. Such data may include, for example, reporting on loan repayment status.
Other Information Collected: Qaala may also collect the following:
• Information Collected by Cookies and Web Beacons : We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files that are stored on your hard drive or in device memory by a website. Among other things, cookies support the integrity of our registration process, retain your preferences and account settings, and help evaluate and compile aggregated statistics about user activity. We may also collect information using web beacons. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails. We may use web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage, and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon.
• Technical and Navigational Information : We may collect your computer browser type, Internet protocol address, pages visited, and average time spent on our Site. This information may be used, for example, to alert you to software compatibility issues, or it may be analyzed to improve our web design and functionality.
2. USE OF YOUR INFORMATION. We may use the information you provide about yourself, information about your Third-Party Sites, and information provided to us from our referral partners to fulfill your requests for our Services, to respond to your inquiries about our Services, and to offer you other products, programs, or services that we believe may be of interest to you. We may use your information to complete transactions you request, to verify the existence and condition of your accounts, to correct inaccurate Application Information, or to assist with a transaction. For example, we may use the account information you provide or that we collect from Third-Party Sites to confirm your accounts are valid and, as applicable, to access funds from your accounts in connection with fulfillment of the Services. We may also use your information to improve and personalize the Services and any related services, including future products and services. For example, we may use your information to pre-fill form fields on the Sites for your convenience.
3. SHARING OF INFORMATION. We may share personal information about you in the following circumstances:
• With your consent, including to third-party credit reporting services when we request a credit report on your behalf or to any potential third party source of funding to whom you instruct us to identify you through the Services
• With third parties to provide, maintain, and improve our Services
• With any third party that referred you to the Services
• To respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal processes
• In order to investigate, prevent, defend against, or take other action regarding violations of our Terms of Service, illegal activities, suspected fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the legal rights or physical safety of any person or the security of our network, Sites or Services
• Non-personalized, anonymous data may be aggregated with data from other users and/or data sources and shared with partners or for marketing purposes
• To respond to claims that any posting or other content violates the rights of third parties
• In an emergency, to protect the health and safety of our Sites’ users or the general public; or
• As otherwise required by law.
You acknowledge and agree that the information that you provide to Qaala will be shared with potential lenders and that representatives of Qaala and these potential lenders may contact you using the contact information you have provided including by email, autodialed and prerecorded calls and/or texts messages regarding your request for these Services interest in lending products and offers. You further acknowledge that your consent to these communications is not a condition of any purchase.
4. SECURITY. We take reasonable measures, including firewall barriers, SSL encryption techniques, and authentication procedures, to help protect personal information from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. You acknowledge, however, that no system is perfectly secure. You use the Site and Services, and provide us with your personal information, at your own risk. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of a breach to your personal information we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
Some of our websites permit you to create an account. When you do you will be prompted to create a password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, and you are responsible for any access to or use of your account by someone else that has obtained your password, whether or not such access or use has been authorized by you. You should notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account.
5. EMAIL COMMUNICATIONS. We may provide our registered customers with email alerts and summaries of their activity on the Service. We may also allow users to subscribe to email newsletters and from time to time may transmit emails promoting Qaala or third-party goods or services. Registered customers have the ability to opt out of receiving our promotional emails and to terminate their newsletter subscriptions by following the instructions in the emails. Opting out in this manner will not end transmission of service-related emails, such as email alerts.
7. CHANGES TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. If you wish to access personal information that you have submitted to us or to request the correction of any inaccurate information you have submitted to us, you may correct certain information via your user account. Alternatively, you can contact us at [email protected] to request any corrections to your personal information. You may also email us if you wish to deregister, but even after you deregister, we may retain archived copies of information about you consistent with applicable law.
8. CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS. California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our customers who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year.
You may request access to your personal information by contacting us at the address described below. If required by law, upon request, we will grant you reasonable access to the personal information that we have about you.
You may request that we delete your personal information by contacting us at the address described below. If required by law we will grant a request to delete information, but you should note that in many situations we must keep your personal information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, or for another one of our business purposes.
If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request to [email protected] or call 1-800-386-3372. In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response.
Note that, as required by law, we will require you to prove your identity. We may conduct an identity verification by phone call or email. Depending on your request, we will ask for information such as your name, address or details about your business. We may also ask you to provide a signed declaration confirming your identity or to authenticate your identity through an existing account.
You may use an authorized agent to submit a request to access your information, delete your information, or opt out of the sale of your information. To designate an agent for these purposes:
1. You must provide us with a copy of a written and signed permission given to your authorized agent; and
2. You must verify your own identity directly with us.
Qaala does not discriminate against California residents who choose to exercise these privacy rights.
California Information Sharing Disclosure
9. BUSINESS TRANSITION. In the event another entity merges with or acquires Qaala or substantially all of its assets, your personal information may be transferred to that successor or acquiring entity. A court may also order the sale of personal information as an asset in a bankruptcy or similar insolvency proceeding.
• We do not sell the personal information of minors under 16 years of age without affirmative authorization.
• We do not recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include “Do Not Track” headers.